I was talking to Amy this evening and she said, "You sound good." And I said, "I'm feeling much better than last week, I swear PMS is making me crazy." She asked if I was taking any meds, the type of which my mother politely referred to as "nerve pills." I haven't been medicated like that in nearly three years--I quit the Lexapro right around the time I started the hard core fertility drugs. You know, Chase had been in preschool for a few years by then, so I figured the whole postpartnum depression thing was over. Conveniently, I could then blame my mood swings and bitchiness on the fertility drugs and resulting pregnancy...
So Amy said (as only Amy can), "Uh--maybe you need some meds so you can jack them up when you've got PMS." Last week that would have made me cry. But this week, I'm laughing. Four hours later, I still laugh when I hear her voice in my head saying it. (Not those kinds of voices, thankyouverymuch.) Which means I probably do need some sort of pharmaceutical when I'm PMSing. If I hadn't skipped my yearly exam last month (yeah, yeah, I know but after all the fertility stuff and pregnancy, my vajayjay is taking a break from drs)...I'd ask my ob. I'll see her in a few months at her granddaughter's bday party and if I'm still nuts, I'll inquire then...;)
No comments:
Post a Comment