Really? Did you really just elect the most liberal Senator in Congress to the highest office in the land? A man whose spent his entire Senate career campaigning for President and has absolutely no zero executive experience? This is the man who will protect our nation from terrorists? SERIOUSLY?
I had a little election results wake tonight. There were eight adults (seven of whom voted for McCain, btw) and 11 children (all of whom favored McCain). While picking up the pizzas ($5 Little Greasers, b/c by God if my taxes are going up, I'm going to start saving now), I bemoaned the current state of the election to the man waiting on me. He was middle aged and I'm quite sure he was the manager. I said I thought it was the first time voters who put Obama over the top (you know, the youngsters who don't pay real taxes) and he agreed. He said one of his employees came in and proudly announced her vote for Obama. He replied, "Good. You'll be the first I lay off when his economic policies cause the economy to go to hell in a handbasket." No kidding. We both laughed and he comped me a pepperoni pizza.
I knew this would happen, but I really didn't expect to feel so sad and so disappointed in my fellow Americans. I haven't felt this crappy about politics since 41 lost in '92. I'm just sad. And scared. Because I don't trust his "civilian" army, I don't trust the fairness doctrine, and I don't trust him leading our armed forces (neither do they, btw, which is why they voted overwhemingly in favor of McCain). Not to mention his socialist economic policies.
My dad said that those who voted for him will get what they want. Unfortunately, so will those of us who didn't...
No comments:
Post a Comment