And while I hate to lose, at least we're gracious losers. While I'm sure Barack Obama will get all the credit for "healing the nation" after the "horrible" Bush Presidency, I have to say how proud I am of my fellow Conservatives. Unless you live in Oklahoma, Republicans lost last night and we lost big.
We could take a page from the behavior of liberals/Democrats in 2000 and 2004 and continue the divide that plagued this country for almost a decade. Instead, I see Republicans stating that they will support President-elect Obama and RESPECTFULLY disagree with him. Watching O'Reilly with Chase this evening, I pointed out Malia and Sasha Obama on stage with their parents last night and told him that Sasha is about his age. We talked about how it is possible to respectfully disagree with policy without personally insulting the person. We also talked about how Chase should ask himself how he would feel if someone said something about HIS father before he said it about Barack Obama.
I find it incredibly ironic that the biggest Bush bomb throwers are the ones screaming the loudest now for unity and coming together. Unlike their behavior over the last eight years, we conservatives will put our Country First and support our President because it is the right thing to do.
1 comment:
Word and Amen.
Post a Comment