Monday, November 24, 2008

It's interesting to me how friends/family are reacting to the Sherman thing. For the record, no decision regarding his future has been made. I'm praying about it. Today he pulled Chase off the swingset and tried to incite play (which for a pup like Sherm involves mouthing). He scared the crap out of Chase, who was abjectly hysterical. In a perfect world, Chase and Sherman would not ever be alone together. Unfortunately, we don't live in a perfect world...I'm just glad I heard Chase's screaming. He's fine and I think Jamie finally gets why I'm such a freaking basket case most of the time.

I have a good friend who has done dog rescue for years. I really thought she'd knock me upside the head for this situation. She didn't. She GOT that I'm in over my head and that I want what is best for all involved and am not sure 60lbs of puppy in this household is what is best for all involved. I'm also not sure it's not--we have a lot invested in Sherman (time, money, energy, and love)--no one wants a happy ending (the perfect family dog) for this story more than I do. I just don't know if I have the patience to make that dream a reality.

This week is going to be interesting b/c of the holiday...and next week (when Sherm is boarded b/c of Dad's surgery) is also going to be very telling. I'm just going to wait and see what happens. See how this week goes and see how next week (w/o him) goes.

Ultimately, he deserves to be in the best home for him. He could have it a lot worse than our house...but I also think he could have it a lot BETTER than our house too. We'll see...

No comments: