And while I'd prefer a month of fighting over hanging chads to President Obama, I've more or less resigned myself to the fact that the majority of the electorate has swallowed the "change" kool aid and will tomorrow elect a President whose values are far more in line with Western Europe's socialist entitlements than your typical Red State land of opportunity values. Taxes will go up, government will get bigger, businesses will suffer (due to increased taxation) and pass their sufferings on to consumers, further tanking the economy, which will result in even higher taxes and more government programs until we the people come to our senses and realize that more government is not the answer.
Jamie and I are looking at the bright side of this Obamanation--if his tax plans go through, the only place to really tax-shelter retirement funds will be in life insurance policies. So that's good for Jamie's business, which is good for us, so long as we keep our household income under 250K, or wait--didn't Biden say 150K, oh, hold on, last I heard it was 120K, and then 60K...yeah, I'm pretty sure that "middle class tax cut" isn't going to cut it for us...but hey, the life insurance biz should be booming, provided those Western European policies don't result in Western European unemployment rates...
No comments:
Post a Comment