Dinner last night was great, but my chicken was larger than called for, so it wasn't finished in time for me. Jamie loved it when he got home though.
Roasted Chicken and Veggies
1 roasting chicken
1 lb red potatoes (cut into 1" chunks)
2 med onions (cut into 1" chunks)
1 pt cherry tomatoes
Preheat oven to 450. Coat chicken w/Lawry's Seasoning Salt. Roast covered for 30 minutes. Drizzle EVOO over veggies and sprinkle w/salt and pepper. Add to chicken. Roast covered for 30 minutes. Roast uncovered for another 30 minutes.
I'm thinking the 30 minute head start should get the chicken done w/the veggies for you. I tossed the whole chicken in my 4qt crock pot, headed to Chase's school art fair and put the kids to bed. After 1 hr on low and two on high, it was falling apart. Jamie ate the legs w/veggies for dinner and I shredded the rest for dinner tonight.
Mexican Lime Chicken Soup
2 T vegetable oil
1 large red pepper, diced
1 large onion, diced
1 t minced garlic
2 cans mexican style diced tomatoes
2 limes
3 C cooked cubed/chopped chicken
4 14 oz cans chicken stock
1/4 c cilantro
1 seeded & chopped jalepeno pepper
Saute pepper, onion & garlic in oil over med-high heat in large dutch oven. After 3 minutes, add tomatoes. Cook for 2 minutes. Add chicken stock, squeeze juice from limes into soup and add lime shells to soup, bring to a boil, then lower heat. Simmer 10 minutes. Add cooked chicken, jalepeno & cilantro. Cook additional 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve w/shredded mexi-blend cheese, sour cream & tortilla chips.
I cooked it earlier while Cass was watching Sesame Street, then put it on low, so it will be ready for dinner. We've got a busy night--Cub Scouts at 6:30pm and I'm hoping for a fill before then if Jamie gets home in time. He's currently picking up his elk and antelope and mule deer meat...IDK why he didn't just have sausage made of it all. We'd have Christmas gifts for everyone on our list instead of looking for freezer space for chunks of elk/antelope/mule deer! ;P
Thank God Jamie caved and we sprung for the king-sized bed. Last night, both kids wound up in bed with us. And Jamie still wound up in Chase's bed--those kids are bed hogs! Cassie almost pushed her brother out of bed, I had to rescue him this morning! But I slept rather well, considering...
No comments:
Post a Comment