We're going to try an electronic collar (otherwise known as a shock collar) during training next week. Jamie's dad actually has an appropriately sized collar for his pointers, so we're going to borrow his. Hopefully, this gets us through puppy adolesence. The trainer thinks that his high pain tolerance is rendering the pinch collar less than effective. She's been wanting to do an e-collar for a while, but I put her off b/c of the cost and my fear that it isn't humane. I've done a bit of research and it really isn't any different than a standard correction, which I've been doing for the last four months. My neighbor (a fellow Golden owner) used one on her previous Golden and said it worked beautifully.
He must know I'm at the end of my rope--he's lying peacefully in his bed while the kids play in a rubbermaid tub right next to him. THIS is what I want! Gotta rescue Cassie...from Chase this time, not the dog!
No comments:
Post a Comment