Monday, January 28, 2008

The words you never want to hear at 2am...

"My tummy hurts..."

So yesterday I stayed in bed feverish and hopped up on Nyquil. I quite literally didn't leave my bed yesterday. Jamie was on kid duty and I slept. I started to feel a bit better late yesterday evening. Chase went to AWANA w/his BFF Dylan and had a blast. He came home, we got the kids in the bed and I went back to bed for the night. Around 2am, Chase came into our room, and came over to me complaining of a tummy ache. I was a bit hazy from the Nyquil and asked Jamie to give him two jr. motrin for pain. Barney purple, grape flavored jr. motrin. Chase went back to bed after the motrin. A few minutes later, he came back and spewed all over our bedroom and bathroom. Barney purple puke. Fortunately, this thing I've got has rendered me smell-less. So Jamie busted out the steam cleaner and we set to work. Chase was back asleep (in his own bed) by the time we finished.

Cassie is not 100% yet, she was up multiple times last night. Chase is feeling better today--I really think it may have been something he ate b/c he's enjoying his day on the couch in front of Noggin and Nick Jr a bit too much. As for me, the fever is gone and I think I'm on the mend. Jamie, on the other hand--Jamie looks a bit like Michael Keaton during the flannel shirt scene in Mr. Mom. I think it is safe to say that he does not envy me my SAHM status, particularly on days like this. "Yesterday, I yelled Kenny for coloring outside of the lines, Caroline. I'm starting to lose it here..."

No comments: