That's how I feel right now. I told Chase I felt like a bucket of butt last night and he said, "That's probably not something I should say at school, huh?" Yeah, not so much. Jamie's been sick for a week. Jamie is tough. The only sick day he has taken in our decade of marriage was when he herniated a disk last spring. Seriously. I dropped Chase off at preschool, walked in the house to find Jamie flat on his back on the living room floor and knew it was bad b/c he wasn't at work. He wasn't at work b/c he couldn't sit, stand, or walk. He missed 1 1/2 days of work for a herniated disk. Seriously. Don't tell him this, but I'm pretty sure he's tougher than Chuck Norris...or just crazy. But my point is, the man doesn't let being sick get him down. He's worked through 104 fevers, the stomach flu--you name it, he's worked through it.
Then there is me. I am a wuss. A total, complete, absolute wuss about illness. I've given birth twice and didn't think labor was that big of a deal. But give me a fever and I'm a whiny mess. Last night I had a 100.3 fever. That's not even a high fever! Chase's fever hit 105 w/his pneumonia last month. But I was in bed, wearing sweats, covered w/a pile of blankets and apparently looking so pathetic that my five year old felt compelled to soothe me. Jamie brought home a strawberry shake. He's going to be late the rest of the week, btw. So I'm going into survival mode and doing the bare minimum to get by and that's it. And praying the kids stay well...
On the bright side, CIO took less than a week to work. I don't think there has ever been a baby more easygoing than Cass. Truly. This morning I popped her into her crib and she flipped onto her tummy and snuggled in. She didn't make a peep of protest. I am so blessed to have such an easy, sweet little girl.
Off to shower. And then I'll put on a clean pair of jammies...and curl up w/Woody. Jamie may not need sick days, but I'm taking one today.
No comments:
Post a Comment