Friday, January 25, 2008

This isn't exactly restoring my faith in the human race...

So we're trying to sell the van. I'm upgrading to a new Sienna in a few weeks and we thought we'd do the fiscally responsible thing and sell the T&C outright vs. doing a trade in. I've sold a few cars in the paper over the years and never had any problems, so I wasn't expecting what I've got. We've had the car priced well below blue book for some time (the car market in general is dead right now) and keep getting ridiculous low-ball offers. Some moron just emailed me, "Yeah, I looked it up on Kelly Blue Book, too. Those go for $5100 on eBay 12-24 hrs from my house, but since I wouldn't have to drive so far, I'll give you 6k." Seriously. I replied that I would donate the van to charity and get a tax deduction before I gave it away like that. A$$hole. FTR--6k is a good 2500 under blue book. I could get more than THAT on a trade in...Grrrrrrrrr.

Jamie isn't worried--so I shouldn't be, but I can't help it. I'm a worrier. I think we're going to see about parking it on Jim's parking lot for a few weeks w/a For Sale sign. We can leave the keys in Jim's office and they can see him if they want to test drive it. Thank God we can afford to sit on it for a while, but thus far, this whole experience has done nothing to restore my faith in humanity. Everyone wants something (that would be my van) for nothing. And that makes me sad.

PS--Still not feeling well. Chase has the cough, but (knock wood) Cass seems well enough. Mr. K has taken a turn for the worse, he's in ICU on a feeding tube and drs say this weekend is critical. Please send out some prayers for him and Judy.

No comments: