As you can see, there was a last-minute costume change for Cassie. She wore Chase's first Halloween costume and was Patch from 101 Dalmations. Then I had to be Cruella De Ville. Chase was still Spider Man and Jamie was a hunter. Imagine that--it was a real stretch for him to dress up in all that camo. At least he dressed up this year...
Cassie's four month check up was yesterday. I am thrilled to report that her VSD (some sort of ventricular defect, which is a fancy way of saying hole in her heart) appears to be gone. It caused a murmur and the murmur is gone. We're not going to subject her to another ECG for confirmation, at this point we're just going to trust our wonderful Ped. She was 15 lbs 8oz and 24 1/2 inches long. She's doing everything she's supposed to be doing and the doctor is quite happy. She does have eczema, which I suspected, but we're managing it w/short baths, Cetaphil, Aquaphor and Cortaid ointment. Oh, and no solids until at least six months of age which is fine with me. I'm not in a hurry for this one to grow up!
Woody has been a bit pukey this week, if it continues we'll probably visit the vet next week. I feel bad for him, he's not a fan of the cooler weather. I'm especially glad we've finished the basement as we can start letting him out the basement door this winter and avoid the poop deck we've had in the past.
I had a visit w/my new renters yesterday and found out that the previous renters from hell were partying there while it was empty. I knew it! Things were always just off a bit and it seemed we could never get the basement clean--now I know why. Isn't it legal to shoot trespassers? B/c if Jamie can shoot Bambi, he should be able to shoot worthless pieces of trash. At the very least, I wish I could have had them arrested for trespassing and pressed charges. Oh well, we're going to file the lawsuit paperwork next week. I may never see a dime of the money she owes us, but I want to see her slimy, lazy butt in a courtroom and watch her try to make excuses to a judge for what she did to my house. That, I would like to see.
So Cassie is napping, Chase is at school, and I need to vacuum. I did a mile and a half on the treadmill this morning--now that it is too cold for me to walk outside, I'm going to try to use the treadmill every other day or so. Cassie hung out in her bouncy seat and watched me walk for 26 minutes. I think she liked the concert I provided singing along w/my iPod. It's so nice to have a baby who likes my singing again, when Chase hears me sing he tells me to stop b/c it hurts his ears. I'm sure it does (I can't carry a tune to save my life), but Cassie likes it for now and it gets me through treadmill time.
No comments:
Post a Comment