Sunday, November 11, 2007

Sleep training...

So, other than waking for an hour and a half every night around 1am and wanting to play after a bottle (AHHHHH), sleep training is going really well w/Cassie. I think part of it is that she is so good natured. I think the other part is that she's young enough to be easily trained and doesn't have too many bad habits yet (except for the partying at 1am thing, in that regard, she's Paris Hilton, Jr).

Today her morning nap was 2 hours and her afternoon nap was 3 1/2 hours. She fussed a bit before the am nap, but at her pm nap and bedtime, she didn't even cry when I put her down. Less than four days of CIO? I'll take it. I vaguely remember a week or more of hell doing this w/Chase at nine months of age. She woke up at 6:45am and was down for the night at 7:45pm, after 5 1/2 hours of nap during the day. Major props to Grandma Mary Ann for spending the night last night and enabling me to hit the church council meeting at 8:45am w/only Chase in tow (Cassie was napping at home), attend service at 10am, and then fulfill my coffee host duties post-service w/o disrupting the all important nap schedule. Grandma rules.

You're probably wondering what I did w/all that free time while Cassie napped. The first nap I was at church. The second nap, I hit the treadmill, played football w/Chase, and watched the Cowboys stomp the Giants. WOO HOO! Now I'm off to watch Desperate Housewives--gotta love November Sweeps. Then I need to rest up for the "girl's party" at 1am tonight...

No comments: