Wednesday, November 7, 2007

So I did jinx myself yesterday...

The happy face streak is broken. He got a straight face yesterday for pushing and wandering around during the lesson. I have no idea who he pushed or what the circumstances were b/c Chase completely denied it all and the teacher's note wasn't real specific. All was right with the world again today though w/another happy face.

Cassie is teething. The result is crappy napping and wanting to be held constantly. Not fun. Thank God for my new Mei Tai and old baby wrap. I couldn't get anything done around here w/o those two things. Cassie was SO tired tonight (after her largely napless day) that she was asleep by 7:45pm. Her last bottle was at 5ish, so she'll definitely be waking up for another bottle and not sleeping through the night tonight. I'm working on transitioning her to the crib right now as well, which is also not fun.

On the bright side, this afternoon I slipped her into the wrap, threw one of Jamie's jackets over us (the Man Fur for those of you present at Chase's 4th bday party) and headed to the bus stop 20 minutes early. Then I did laps around the court until the bus came. It was the only way to work in a workout today b/c she was so needy. But I think it was a decent workout b/c of the hill and the additional 15 1/2 lbs strapped to my chest.

My dad is having a good time right now--he golfed today for the first time in a few years. He's sore tonight, but hopefully he'll be able to golf w/Chase this summer. Chase and Jamie are playing wiffle ball right now in the basement. It sounds kind of scary.

Chase is talking about nutrition right now in school. It's funny b/c he keeps saying how healthy he wants to eat, but then he attacks the Halloween candy. I sent the candy up the farm w/the boys last weekend hoping it wouldn't come back, but it's back and I'm having a hard time staying out of it as well. I think it's going to disappear soon. Chase is pretty good at making smart choices for food though. Tonight he had chicken nuggets (baked, not fried), broccoli, baby carrots and kiwi for dinner. That's better than his movie night dinner two nights ago...

No comments: