Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Mean and Moronic Mommy Me

So Chase is sick again. But it's not strep. Well, he may have strep, too, but right now the primary cause of misery is a sinus infection. Given his father's and my respective histories of sinus issues--I'd say he's pretty much screwed. On the way home from the ped I was thinking about calling the chiropractor and seeing if she would do acupuncture on his sinuses (b/c that's kept me infection free for the last year and a half), but I doubt he'd deal with that well. Too many needles. So we've got another 10 days of antibiotics ahead of us.
I did send the little guy to school--hence the mean mommy title-- I spoke w/his teacher when I dropped him off and she promised to call if he wasn't feeling well. I haven't heard from her, so I'm guessing he did alright. Which is good, b/c I don't want Chase thinking life stops for the sniffles. But mean, b/c I told him last night when I thought the strep was back that he would be staying home today.
Now for the moronic mommy moment. Cassie fell asleep in her carseat as I was getting her out of the car. I decided to move her to her crib so she'd sleep better. Instead, she woke up and refused to sleep for the next hour and a half. She never really got fussy or crabby (I really can't believe how easy going she is) and sat contently in her swing watching me while I did two miles on the treadmill. I guess that wore her out, b/c she fell asleep shortly after that. Nonetheless, I've learned a valuable lesson--if she falls asleep in the car, leave her in the seat or screw up her nap schedule for the rest of the day.
Tomorrow is an early release day. Chase's best friend Dylan is coming over. His mother and I have started trading early release days and since there are 1-2 of those a month, it works out rather well. Dylan is just the sweetest kid and so well mannered, I really enjoy having him around. It's going to be a busy morning though--I've got to pick up Cass's 4 mth pics and schedule her 5 mth sitting and I've got to squeeze a Target/Wal Mart run in there at some point as well. At least I've made progress on my Christmas shopping the last two days...I'm breathing a little easier!
I'm off to meet the bus!

No comments: