As promised, here are pics of the kids today. Quite honestly, I couldn't pick just one to sum up the day--we had a blast! I love the pic of Brady after he sampled a bit of stuffing, cranberry sauce, and everyone's favorite--Aunt Christi's Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake--particularly since it contrasts so well w/the not-yet-eating-solid-food Cassie. In fact, that picture is a really good arguement for the always OCD Aunt Christi to hold off a bit longer on that whole solid food thing.... The second pic was the attempt to get a pic of all the kids together. Hopefully Mikki was more successful at getting a decent pic (OCD Aunt Christi was cleaning the high chair tray while Jamie played photog)! Obviously that was after the meal--hence why Brady was almost naked. Despite the five year age gap, he and Chase are going to play quite well together--Hayden has really taught him to hold his own w/the big kids.
Shortly after my sister and the kids went down for their nap (Mikki is working the holiday weekend), we left and came home. We put the Christmas tree up. The tree is a hand me down from my sister, who got a prelit tree last year. It's lovely, but much wider than our previous tree. B/c of it's width, I felt it needed to be a bit taller. So lucky Jamie got to craft a stand for our new tree to sit upon. It's perfect and thankfully Cassie isn't mobile yet--next year we'll have to childproof the Christmas decs. I'll finish decorating tomorrow--can't do that when Chase is sleeping! He loves to help.
I'm off to read a magazine. It's snowing and while I should read the Black Friday ads--I've decided it is too cold and crazy to brave the stores tomorrow. There is nothing I want badly enough to get up before dawn to buy it. Not even $40 cashmere at Old Navy will get me out of bed before dawn. Unless Cassie wakes me up for a feeding, then it's a sign from God (and Chase gave God quite a history lesson during Grace this afternoon, BTW). Perhaps I will go peruse those ads...
No comments:
Post a Comment