So we're doing the dreaded cry it out thing w/Cassie now. My previously easy sleeper has gotten a bit picky about how/when she sleeps. Yesterday she napped so sparingly that she crashed at 7:45pm last night, took a bottle at 8:25pm and was back out by 9pm until 5:40am this morning. I know she can fall asleep on her own, she just prefers to nap on me. And as much as I love to hang out with her, she's much more fun to hang out w/when she's well rested and not a puddle. Her first nap, she cried for 20 minutes and slept for 40. This nap, she cried for about five minutes and has been asleep for almost 1/2 an hour. I'm shooting for 2-3 long naps per day (that would be over an hour), we'll see how it goes. As painful as it is to listen to, I think it is easier the second time around. I mean, Chase has been a great sleeper ever since we did it to him. So I trust the process. But it still sucks.
I'm off to eat lunch while the wee one sleeps. Chase has a half day today, which means he gets released in an hour, but he's going home w/his best friend Dylan for the afternoon. Dylan's mom is picking the boys up from school. They live nearby in a different subdivision. I'll be picking him up from Dylan's around the usual school p/u time. The playdate worked out perfectly as I have an AXO investment committee conference call this afternoon, which I'll get to have in peace! I will offer to reciprocate the playdate on their next early release day, November 28th. Chase is already looking forward to that.
Our weekend plans may be changing, again. Hayden has a fever and frequently dirty diapers. This does not bode well for our visit tomorrow. But since I'm sleep training Cassie and trying to get her to sleep in her crib right now, it may be a blessing in disguise. My dear friend "Big Molly" offered to come over on Sunday and hang out, so I may just take her up on that if I wind up home alone w/the kiddos all weekend. And Chase's girlfriend Jessica is just across the street, her mom and I are due for a 3 martini playdate anyway...
No comments:
Post a Comment