On Saturday, Chase and I made seven pies for the annual Emmanuel UCC Sausage Supper on Sunday. Well, six pies for the Sausage Supper and one pie for us to eat here at home. Grandma Mary Ann got a phone call about the expiration of Crisco (ftr, it DOES expire and if you try to make a pie shell w/expired Crisco, it smells dreadful). After a lengthy discussion w/Grandma Mary Ann, Chase helped me smash all the graham crackers in the house for a graham cracker crust. Chase's favorite part of the whole day was eating the key lime pie filling from the can. Yes, we made pies from a can. Considering my abysmal baking skills, that was a service to the consumers of my pies.
Yesterday was the annual Sausage Supper. Jamie started at 7am, the kids and I arrived at 10am, and Grandpa Jim and Grandma Mary Ann came and got the kids at 11am. Jamie and I worked until 7pm. It appears to have been a success. Chase had a great time w/his grandparents and both Grandma and Grandpa were impressed with Cassie, who took a four hour nap for them in her swing and was her usual sweet and easy self.
We're all looking forward to trick or treating on Halloween. Grandpa Bill is coming over for our annual tradition of a chili dinner, then he'll hand out candy at our place while we take the kiddos trick or treating. Cassie has her 4 month appt. the day after Halloween, and she's usually pretty unhappy after shots--I'll update when I'm able.
No comments:
Post a Comment