So I got carded tonight. And it was probably b/c I was at dinner w/two 23 year old former advisees, but I don't care. My almost a decade older than them (YIKES) self still got carded. So even if it was a pity carded--there was still a question re: the legality of my consuming a glass of wine and it counts.
For a few short hours tonight, I remembered what it was like to be young...and I had fun.
Cassie and I took an hour long walk around the neighborhood today--trying to soak up all the 70+ degree temps that we possibly could b/c the weather goes to hell in a handbasket tomorrow. It was really very nice and I think hauling her around the Mei Tai is darn good cardio. Or something. Jamie attempted to play baseball w/Chase in the backyard w/Cass in the Mei Tai--I haven't heard how that went, but Chase waited up to let me know that daddy was "grumpy" tonight. And to see Molls b/c he's got a crush on her. He knows that at 17 years his senior, she's too old for him, but if she was in kindy instead of grad school, or even grade school vs. grad school--she'd better watch out. ;)
Tomorrow Best Buy is coming to fix the tv (finally!), Cassie's parent educator is coming (to tell me she's brillant--duh), and we're all going to Chase's BFF's house for dinner. Despite the craptastic weather (I'm expecting another soccer rainout), it should be a great day...
No comments:
Post a Comment