Tuesday, April 29, 2008

No pics today

The camera is upstairs. I'll post pics from this weekend later. I've also got to get the pics from Chase's self-haircut this weekend off Dad's camera. I snapped a few pics of his handiwork before buzzing his hair off. He's still got a teeny bald spot up front, but the mini-Marine 'do looks 1000 times better than the chewed up handiwork of a six year old using dad's (electric) razor while Dad puts his baby sister to bed.

The kids had a great time with their cousins this weekend. Jamie and I got home from Nita's at 10:30pm on Saturday night to find Chase passed out naked in the middle of our bed. Apparently he wanted to shower with one of us, so Aunt Mikki told him to wait for us to get home. Naked. In our bed. Crazy.

Final crazy Chase story for the day: yesterday Chase came home w/a picture he'd drawn at school labeled "I would spank him." It showed a guy spanking a kid. It also showed a mom going to the fridge. The best part? The dad spanking the kid was holding a beer in one hand and spanking the kid with the other. Am I the only one who thinks we're going to get a call from the school psychologist? In fairness--Chase was talking about what he would do to Fudge of Judy Blume's "Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing" and "SuperFudge" fame. Fudge DOES deserve a swift smack on the bottom and props to Chase for recognizing that. But the beer/spanking combo was just a bit much, even for my unPC self. ;)

Yes, compared with her big brother--Cassie is quite the mellow child. She's cruising and climbing (another climber--YIKES) up a storm and still a happy, sunshiny little girl.

No comments: