Wednesday, April 30, 2008

More Teeth!

Cassie is in the process of tripling her teeth (going from two to six). She's not as crabby as you'd think although she's not sleeping as well as usual. We took a walk around the neighborhood this afternoon before her lunch--she loves our walks in the Mei Tai.

I went on a cooking spree yesterday. I made pork lo mein and chicken chili to top baked potatoes. Jamie and I really enjoyed the lo mein for dinner last night (Cassie had it for lunch this afternoon, too and loved it) and I loved the 'taters for lunch today. Best of all? They're super easy!

Chicken Chili Stuffed Taters
Nuke 4 large fork-pierced taters for 10-12 minutes until tender. Let stand 5 minutes. Meanwhile, saute 3/4 lb ground chicken w/one small chopped onion until meat is no longer pink and onion is tender. Stir in 16 oz jar mild green salsa (I used medium) and 1/2 cup water; cook 5 minutes to blend flavors. Slash tops of taters w/knife to make X; push in sides to form an opening. Spoon chili into taters and top w/2 or 3 quartered cherry tomatoes. Note: I made the chili topping yesterday and refridgerated it. I nuked 1 tater for lunch and then heated up 1 serving of chili to top that tater. Oh, and I added a pinch of cumin to the chicken and onion while it browned.

Pork Lo Mein
Preheat oven to 425. Place 1lb pork tenderloin in a shallow baking pan and bake about 15-20 minutes until cooked through. Meanwhile, prepare 9 oz of linguine according to pkg directions. Steam (or nuke) 16 oz bag of frozen mixed stir fry veggies per pkg directions. Drain pasta, toss w/veggies and 1 cup light teriaki sauce. Thinly slice pork on the diagonal and serve on top of noodles.

Enjoy!

Chase ended up face planting yesterday at his soccer game. I had already left (Cassie was crabby), but Grandpa Bill filled me in. He was a little scraped up, but no worse for the wear by the time he got home. I believe his last game of the season is on Saturday!

Cassie awakes--not a good nap. It may be time for a bit of Motrin...

No comments: