So funny story--the earthquake this morning woke me (and the rest of the region) up from a dead sleep. I snapped at Jamie to make the dog stop shaking the bed (I thought he was running in his sleep or something). Jamie said it wasn't the dog (or Chase, who was between us)--I was crabby and we eventually fell back asleep. We saw the earthquake on the news a few hours later and it all made sense b/c Woody has never made the headboard vibrate before. Still a 5.2 isn't THAT big of deal--right?
I just got a phone call from my friend Aga who said, "What do you think?" And I said, "About what?" And she said, "The 4.something aftershock we just had!" Aga is from Poland and apparently there are no earthquakes or tornados there so she is wigging out right now. I, OTOH, totally missed the aftershocks b/c I'm in the basement on the 'puter. And both kids (and the dog) slept the earthquake this morning--clearly we're not cut out for this much excitement.
I wonder if the kids felt it at school...
No comments:
Post a Comment