Thursday, March 6, 2008

Super snotty, sleepless night

So Cass is sick. I suspected something was up when she took a four hour morning nap two days in a row earlier this week. Then yesterday she wouldn't nap at all. I couldn't figure out if it was teething or a cold yesterday b/c she had clear snot and lots of drool. Last night she woke up at least once an hour and was Captain Velcro. I suspected an ear infection, but the numbing drops didn't help. The ped checked her out this morning and her ears are clear, but she's definitely stuffed up and teething. Given her history, the ped suspects an ear infection could happen in the next week or so, so things will probably get worse before they get better. Yuck.

Right now she's napping in the Mei Tai. http://www.ellaroo.com/mei-tai.php
I have the deluxe version and I highly recommend it. She's almost 20% of my body weight now, last night she slept in my arms for 2 hours and I was completely numb, but I've been wearing her for that long this afternoon and I'm quite comfortable. So is she b/c she is upright and breathing better. I loaned my wrap to Dylan's mom yesterday--w/four under age six, she definitely needs her hands free and at this point, Cass is more comfortable in the Mei Tai. She was 20lbs 7oz at the ped today. That was fully clothed, but still--I'm pretty sure she's the same size at 8 mths that Chase was at 12 mths! I've been packing up her 6-9 mth stuff for Emma (Dylan's little sister and Cassie's new BFF) b/c she's pretty much outgrown it all! Crazy.

Tomorrow is the first day of cycle break. I'm hoping to take the kids and Dylan to Mills. I need to hit Carter's b/c Cass needs some clothes and Mills has the best playplace in the area. Not to mention the Children's Place Outlet, Carter's Outlet, and Gymboree Outlet! Mommy heaven! Hopefully Cass is feeling better tomorrow. Cycle break is only two weeks long b/c of all the snow days. Chase goes back to school the day after Easter--he lost an entire week of cycle break to snow days! Wow. Global warming, my eye.

I have parent teacher conferences tonight. Jamie has an appointment. I was going to take the kids, but I'd like to discuss some stuff w/his teacher w/o him listening in. So the best dad in the whole wide world (that would be mine) is babysitting. Despite the fact that Cassie is sick and cranky. He rules.

I'm going to try to nap a bit in case tonight is as hellish as last night.

No comments: