Thursday, March 13, 2008

Never a dull moment...

So yesterday Chase's BFF Dylan was over all day. I love it when Dylan comes over b/c he and Chase play beautifully together. The oldest of four, Dylan kind of has the patience of Job. So he's a perfect playmate for my Drama Queen Son. Our neighbor Lauren came over for a bit, as well. Chase was a bit grumpy w/her, they had words and he ended up giving himself a little time out in his room w/his legos for 15 minutes. I was really proud of him--he found something that works for him.

Today, Mikayla and Jessie are over. Let me preface this by saying for the last 12 months, I've been nagging and harping at Jamie for a door to cover the water main in our basement. Not only was the ghetto-fabulous piece of cardboard utterly ridiculous looking, I was nervous about an important pipe being exposed in our PLAYROOM. After Christmas (and the arrival of the bounce house) I got more insistent. The placement of the bounce house in front of the water main made me nervous--I was afraid the water main would pop the bounce house. My fears of a disaster were realized today, but the bounce house didn't pop. Instead, while the girls were in the bounce house, somehow a cap on the water main broke and water started spewing all over. I got the water shut off, but overflow was still spraying. I managed to get the (cracked) cap put back on and the mess cleaned up, but even I could tell I needed a new cap ASAP. Of course Jamie wasn't answering his cell, so I had his assistant paged. She texted Jamie. We both got referrals for plumbers, but his referral called back quicker, so I went w/him. $25 later, all is right w/my world. And I'm getting that door I've been nagging about for the past year...

Oh, and some new bling bling. B/c I deserve it.

Cassie is going through a Mommy stage. No one else can hold her when Mommy is around. This is a bit uncharacteristic for her--typically she'll go to anyone. But she's even rejecting her Daddy right now in favor of Mommy. It's brutal. She's fine if she doesn't see me, but if she sees me and then I leave--it's not a pretty scene. The separation anxiety has resulted in naptime/bedtime hell, but she only carried on for six minutes before her afternoon nap, so I have high hopes that we're making progress. That's better than the 15 minutes I listened to this morning.

Cassie awakes. We're off to Dad's for dinner, my Rueben expertise was requested. YUM!

No comments: