I really loathe parents who brag about their kids' report cards, about as much as I loathe parents who seem to think that their child's IQ is a direct result of their parenting. So I'm not going to do that. I am going to say that we had a GREAT parent/teacher conference tonight and while I've never been disappointed in one of his report cards, I am super proud of him tonight. That kid really did get the best of his Daddy and me. And for the areas that need improvement? When I figure out how to fix them in Jamie and myself--I'll fix them in Chase! ;)) But hearing, "I've loved having him. He's just a good kid. He cares so much...." really made my night. I've always known he was smart, so I can't take any credit for him doing well in school. But the comments about his character? It's nice to hear from a professional that I don't completely suck as a mother and that I'm doing something right! Even if she doesn't agree w/my decision to let him read Harry Potter...
Cassie's conferences are Friday. Chase's gifted teacher wanted to test her tonight...
No comments:
Post a Comment