It never ceases to amuse me that many friends have kids who just started school, and my kids are already finished with their first quarter and off for the next three weeks! We've got lots of plans for cycle break, lots of baseball games scheduled, the usual playdates and sleepovers on the calendar, but I'm most looking forward to just relaxing and going with the flow. Last night Chase had a sleepover, the boys turned his room into a fort with most of the blankets in the linen closet and I loved it. Right now Cassie is playing w/Dora, Cinderella and Kai Lan in the living room. She does love her pretend play. It is almost naptime for her...
I've got two wicked canker sores right now, discovered Canker Cover at Walgreens last night and am a total convert now. I was miserable yesterday, but after using that stuff last night--I'm back to normal today. AWESOME! I was actually back to normal last night after I used it...
I was parent helper in Cassie's class yesterday and saw someone who remembered me from my teaching days. I subbed for her when she had a hysterectomy. 10 years ago. I'm flattered she remembered me! I'm also thrilled to realize that I still love working w/kids that age in the classroom, I was worried that I wouldn't have the patience for it anymore or wouldn't enjoy it anymore, but I really do. So there is another option for me when Cass starts kindy! I like having options...
We did Cassie's parent teacher conference during recess yesterday. Her teacher said she is a "delight." No argument here. She's also at age level or waaaaay above for everything she should be doing, save for articulation, and that's why she's in speech! Another great conference. Thank God for that. I'm having one of those weeks where I wonder what on Earth I ever did to deserve the life I lead...I am blessed beyond measure.
I stayed up ridiculously late the other night to read A Dog's Purpose. It was a very enjoyable (and quick) read. I loved it. If you've ever loved a dog, you should read it.
No comments:
Post a Comment