Chase played his DSi non-stop this morning, until I finally told him to give it a rest! So now he's playing Princesses with his sister. Jamie would be HORRIFIED, but I think it is cute. He had friends over last night and one left the gate open, which resulted in Sherman going exploring. A neighbor we don't know picked him up, and my cell phone was on silent so he spent about an hour in their backyard before it was all said and done. I really appreciate the neighbor doing that, but as an FYI, leaving me a message that you found my dog on the side of the road probably isn't the best way to phrase that...we had a rough few minutes there...
Cass had dance this morning. They combined the 9:30am 3s and 4s with the 10:30am 4s and 5s. So they do acro together, then split up. The younger girls are all together in one room for tap and ballet, and the older girls are in another room. So now Cassie only has about six girls in her class--which is good. She LOVES it and was showing Grandpa how to point his toe this morning. They also did a little barre work. So cute. I'm thinking about asking the other mothers if anyone would be interested in asking them to set up a Zumba class for the moms during class. If we're going to be there for an hour, may as well be getting in a workout, right? Better than sitting...
It was kind of a rough weekend. Chase puked right after my last post. That was unexpected and disgusting. Got some family news that means big changes--I'm trying to stay positive, but I'm a conservative and loathe change. I'm trying. I also got a call from my renters that they want to break their lease. They're flexible (as they should be because I don't HAVE to let them out of it)--but finding new renters is a pain when you're expecting it. When you're not... Again, I'm trying to look on the bright side. I haven't raised the rent in the 3 years they've been there, so if I price it with the comps I saw this weekend, I can gross an additional $1800 a year. That's a plus. I'm trying to focus on the positives...
Naptime. That's ALWAYS (!) a positive. I'm starting to budget for groceries and household expenses. Jamie the financial advisor isn't a fan of budgeting because he says it teaches you how NOT to be poor versus how to build wealth. I can totally see that. Nonetheless, I got him to agree that whatever I shave off my household expense bills can go towards new countertops. If I'm really good, I'll have them by Christmas. Of course this little niggling voice is wondering about the sense in putting new countertops on 10 year old cabinets...so perhaps I'll look into cabinet refacing while I'm at it...
No comments:
Post a Comment