Friday night we headed down to Main Street for dinner. We were a family of five that night since Chase's BFF Pete spent the night with us. The kids loved playing in Frontier Park and the boys and I went down on the river banks, something I've never done despite living in St. Charles County my entire 35 years. Chase also got his coveted, much wanted Pumas that night. Saturday I got some Mommy/Chase time. We rode our bikes to a nearby park (Jamie was home with Cass), rode home, headed out to the dog park w/Sherman, came home w/a super muddy dog and shoes. Then we headed over to the beautiful home of friends from school/baseball. We had a fabulous time!!!! Everyone poked fun at me for bringing along my latest work in progress (baby blanket for a friend)--but when the sun went down and temps dropped, they were jealous of the blanky on my lap! And I FINALLY finished that thing yesterday and started on a new one for Hayden (blew through six skeins of yarn on it and must go buy more yarn today).
Yesterday we headed to Cuba to spend some time at the lake. Sherman LOVES the lake. He swam, retrieved, did a little mousing...BLECH. The kids had a great time, too. They played in the sand (Cassie announced, "I at the beach.") and rode the jet ski with Aunt Stacy. Aunt Stacy also (bravely) took the kids out in the canoe--and stayed upright! We are so looking forward to having her move closer in the coming months!!!! We got home late last night. Chase is at baseball practice right now, Cass and I need to hit up Joanne's for more yarn. Then I'm planning on spending the rest of the day in my own backyard--crocheting and reading! The deck/fence/playset are finally stained and I'm ready to enjoy the backyard for a few weeks, until it is too cold to be out there!
Jenn sent me this book last month and I'm really enjoying it!
No comments:
Post a Comment