Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Serendipity

Our renters called over the weekend and asked if we were willing to let them out of the lease because they're preapproved to buy a house. Since they signed the lease in July, I was a bit taken aback, but I agreed to it. Quite honestly, I imagine if I hadn't, they wouldn't be happy and if they aren't happy, they aren't going to take care of the place...I'd rather have someone in there who wants to be there. So I threw an ad up on Craigslist, posted a notice on Facebook and waited.

This afternoon I got a phone call from Jamie's sister Stacy. She's moving back to Missouri around Thanksgiving and has been looking for somewhere to live. Since we spent our first six years of marriage there, she's familiar with the house (and landlords). She's going to rent it. She needs a place to live, we need a tenant, what I thought was going to be a royal pain the rear has turned out beautifully! I couldn't be happier. I can't wait to help move her in!

I need that good news today because we got some not so good news at the vet. The beast weighed in at 95 pounds. I weighed him six times because I couldn't believe the numbers on the scale. Ignoring how ridiculously close to my weight that is, it's also a good 10-12 pounds over where the vet wants him. So squirmy Shermy is now on a diet. Good thing he got his own ice cream at McD's last night, because it's going to be a while before he gets another one! (Don't judge me. He's the well behaved child, he actually deserved the ice cream cone. As opposed to the human children, who got ice cream, but didn't exactly deserve it.) Mama may be putting the gym plans on hold for a while since we're going to be stepping up the Sherman cardio & walks. Poor guy.

I think the good rental news totally overrules the fat dog news today. I reserve the right to disagree after stepping up the canine exercise...

PS--Went granite shopping this morning. Decided on black vs. blue. Amy, the interior designer BFF, agrees that black is a better choice. She also thinks that my cabinets are keepers. Am thinking I may have new counters by Halloween! Now I just need to price a backsplash. Leaning towards subway tile, but haven't ruled out beadboard. I'd also like to wrap the island in beadboard, must check on the feasibility of that. Yay for moving forward. Hideous white laminate countertops? Your days are NUMBERED!

No comments: