Monday, September 29, 2008

Cycle break

Sherman presented an interesting challenge today. He was napping peacefully on the kitchen floor when it was time to put Cass down for her nap. Since he didn't get his usual outside time this morning b/c of rain, I decided to leave him loose instead of kenneling him like I normally would. Chase was on the couch watching cartoons, so I figured he couldn't wreak too much havoc while I put Cassie down for her (one, she takes one now) nap.

When I was almost finished putting Cass down, I heard Chase shrieking and carrying on. I wasn't too worried b/c he's such a drama queen. So I finished and came downstairs to find him on his way upstairs and Sherman on the couch (a huge no no). Sherman wanted to play. And he hasn't figured out yet that Chase isn't another puppy, so he plays w/Chase a bit differently than he plays with Jamie or me. He approached him while he was lying on the couch and began chewing his hands. Chase freaked out and Sherman hopped up on the couch, encouraged by all the freaking out. The second he heard my voice, he was off the couch, but mama was not happy. He'll be back to see Miss Kari this week. I know he's just being a puppy, but in five pounds, he'll outweigh Chase, so my puppy needs to be controllable...

I had a mini-meltdown, walked him twice tonight and watched him play w/his neighborhood buddies. The best thing is talking to my neighbors who have a 2 year old golden though b/c their mellow girl was once nuts like Sherman (and I remember when), so they give me the "this too shall pass" perspective. And they like to remind me that he's nothing compared to raising teenagers! ;)

Jamie wants his laptop. I'm hoping for one for Christmas...if the economy hasn't melted and we're not destitute, of course.

No comments: