Recently I read your comments about John McCain's selection of Sarah Palin as his Vice President. I believe you said something along the lines of: so she's just going to take what she learned with the other moms in the hockey rink and use that with Putin and Russia? Ridiculous!
Well, Matt Damon, while you've been busy f*cking Sarah Silverman, Governor Palin has achieved an 86% approval rating as the Governor of Alaska. So clearly, whatever she learned from those other mamas in the hockey rink is making her constituents very happy. I'm curious--is the satisfaction/approval rating from your last film close to that? Forgive me, I can't remember exactly WHAT your last film was...
I'm not a hockey mom--I'm a soccer/baseball mom, myself--but I think I can speak for many moms when I say that US foreign diplomats might learn a thing or two from us regarding diplomacy. Obviously you've never been in a preschool classroom with two other Martha-Stewart-wannabe mamas fighting over which of their holiday crafts gets the coveted red table. And obviously you've never had to tell another mother that her child bit/hit/kicked/punched/otherwise assaulted your child on a playdate. While I realize that neither of those situations threatened the state of the nation, they do teach a person something about getting what they want while convincing the other party they're getting what they want and isn't that the whole point of diplomacy? Don't we want to placate Vladimir Putin and keep him happy and feeling warm fuzzies toward the US while we put up our missile defense system in Poland? After all, he's kind of like that Stepford mom on the playground that we don't mind chatting with but would never let us see without our makeup on and hair done and would certainly never open up about insecurities and issues with. Because you never know who that would get back to. And if Putin is playing with Iran, he's not really our friend.
You Hollywood types would make me laugh if you didn't make me so mad. If you think the federal government knows how to spend your money better than you--by all means, cut them a check. There is no law that says you can't give MORE than what the IRS says you owe, so pony up for the entitlement programs you find so appealing. I don't begrudge you your ridiculously inflated per movie price--the fact that you command millions and get it to make a movie is exactly what I love about this country and our capitalist system--anyone can do anything they put their minds to. As Angelina Jolie so famously said, "I get paid a ridiculous amount of money for what I do." Your success is exactly why I oppose the government handouts you find so appealing. Because big government doesn't work. Because PEOPLE are better than government and bureacracy. Because you can't give a hand up if you're giving a hand out.
Our founding fathers did not design a "living, breathing" constitution. They laid the laws of the land so our country could survive and thrive. I thank God every day of my life that I was born in our great country. I'm not curing cancer or saving lives, I'm just your ordinary suburban Mom who tries to do her part to make her little corner of the world a better place. I'd like to do that without government intervention or without hearing from Hollywood Big Mouths like yourself just how menial and worthless you think that existence is.
And if you'd like to debate this mom on public policy, you're on. Because this suburban housewife would welcome the chance to open a can of whoop ass on you.
No comments:
Post a Comment