Thursday, September 18, 2008

Every once in a while, I think I'm doing this right...

It's been a rough week. Perhaps I don't give Jamie enough credit for as much as he does...he's been sorely missed this week while in Wyoming! Last night the kids and I walked around the neighborhood and then we walked up to McD's (w/Sherman in tow, of course) so Chase could get an ice cream cone (btw--from now on, Cass needs one too b/c she figured out that big brother had ice cream and she didn't and she was NOT happy). Long story short, halfway through the ice cream cone, Cassie and I got it b/c he wasn't listening. Which isn't safe when you're on a walk.

So anyway, he ended up going to bed early after all that. This morning we were running late again (note to self: getting up at 7:55am is NOT working, must set alarm for 7:30am). Cass and I were upstairs and Chase got dressed and came downstairs. I figured he was watching cartoons, but he wasn't. When I got home from taking him to school, I realized that the tv hadn't changed from last night (muted HGTV) and that my full dishwasher had been emptied. He put all the dishes away--in the right spots, no less, all by himself. Without being asked. I was so very proud of him. So we're heading to Monkey Joe's for dinner tonight b/c I want to reward behavior like that. I've already been to his school for lunch, but he's getting a special night out tonight, just b/c he did a special thing.

Of course, it would helpful if his sister wasn't boycotting her afternoon nap...aye yi yi. Can't have everything, right?

Sherman lost a canine tooth today--despite the 4/26 birthday we were given for him, I wonder if he's really older than that. He's lost almost all of his baby teeth and he's not even five months old! I'm so glad those sharp canines are leaving us.... He's also getting his adult coat/fur and he's rather curly! I've been testing him lately when the kids aren't around--letting him hang w/o his pinch collar and leash and seeing if he'll obey. He's doing rather well. He needs a new buckle collar though--he's rapidly outgrowing his!

Why, oh why, won't my daughter nap? I know she's tired...but she refuses to sleep. Another early bedtime for her tonight...

No comments: