Well, Chase visited our ped on his bday (both kids had ear infections) but he (and his cookie cake) made it to school after the dr. As Jamie and I had Mr. K's visitation that evening, Grandpa came over and took him for a special bday dinner. He asked for Denny's and had breakfast. When he walked in and announced "It's MY BIRTHDAY!" the waitresses fawned all over him and he ended up getting grown up pancakes w/his kids meal--he was quite excited. All day he would look at me and ask, "Mom--am I six yet?" And all day I would say, "Nope. Not until 10:05pm." Poor kid. We've got the party at Jump 4 Fun this morning and I know he's looking forward to it. I need to get the remainder of his presents wrapped, although I've already given him a few "early."
So yesterday while we're at the car dealer completing the paperwork, I was holding Cassie. She kept grabbing at Chase's hair and ears. I thought it was cute. Chase didn't. So like an hour later while we're doing all the finance paperwork, Chase is between Jamie and me (I'm still holding Cass) and he buries his face on the baby, who promptly screams. I looked at him and said, "What did you do?" And he said, "I didn't MEAN to bite her..."
We're at the Toyota dealer, filling out paperwork and he BIT his baby sister. Rage filled me. I looked at the finance guy (a father of five himself, so it's not like he hasn't BTDT) and said, "Excuse me." Then I grabbed the little terrorist by the scruff of his neck and said, "Bathroom. Now." And we went to the bathroom. I gave that child the lecture of his life, then we went back into finance guy's office and he sat in a time out the rest of the time we were there. Jamie was stunned when he found out I hadn't spanked him--but I don't think spanking the kid for biting sends the right message. I don't think it will happen again--Chase was appropriately horrified. And if it does happen again, I'll do to him what my mom did to my sister to get her to quit biting me...b/c I was her teething ring for a few months.
On a happier note--the new car is A-MAZING. The heated leather seats make my butt happy and Chase is thrilled by the sunroof + DVD player. He's also thrilled b/c the DVD controls are in back, by him. That's a change from the T&C, which is still FOR SALE, btw. The T&C is visiting Grandpa's driveway--have I said thank God for my dad lately? I really don't know what I'd do w/o him. B/c the logistics of us owning four cars right now are significantly less complicated when we can park one over there. Anyway, back to the Sienna--I love everything about it. Which is a good thing since Jamie told me last night it's going to be a while (like our six year old may be driving) before I can replace it...it has 25 miles on it right now. That sort of blows my mind.
I'll leave you on this note: reason #565 I love my husband (and no, Mikki--it isn't the car)--last night he and the finance manager spent more time talking about the finance manager's personal finances than our stuff. He is Jamie's newest client. And he even though his hours drive me batshit crazy, I do love/admire that he's so passionate about what he does that nearly everyone he talks to asks for his card b/c they want HIM to look at their finances and help them retire, send the kids to college, whatever. That makes me proud. But don't tell Jamie, or he'll think the crazy hours are okay. And they aren't...
No comments:
Post a Comment