Monday, February 11, 2008

So this is why having a girl scared the crap out of me...

I suck at doing hair. The reason I've had some sort of variation of a bob since 8th grade (w/the exception of a few forays into layered 'dos that always result in me going back to a bob and swearing off layers for a few years) is because I royally suck at doing hair. This is not secret. So while many women (like my sister) are thrilled when their daughter has enough hair for bows and whatnot, I was making plans for Cassie's bob when she was in uetero. In fact, I kind of dug the "Brenda Warner circa 2002" short and spiky 'do that she was sporting upon her arrival. Because God, having a sense of humor, has given me a daughter with lots of hair.
Tonight, I attemped pigtails. And while we definitely need more practice, I think it turned out kind of cute! Cass also had her first bath w/Daddy and Chase tonight--and the resulting pics are quite funny.
We've had a bit more interest in the van the last couple of days, please pray it is sold by the weekend. I'm getting so tired of dealing w/it, I can't imagine how tired my Dad is of sharing his space w/it...speaking of my Dad, props again to Grandpa Bill who came over to reprogram the homelink on his car for our garage door and ended up babysitting for an hour and a half while I went to HIS house to show the car today. My dad is the best! Thanks to him, Cassie stayed on her nap schedule and all is right w/my world. My Dad is the BEST!
I'm off to feed my girl...

No comments: