Is it January 6th? Jamie is leaving for a pheasant hunting trip tomorrow (note to self: do NOT say, "You can only go hunting again if you take the damn dog with you" to keep him from going hunting, b/c apparently he wants to hunt bad enough to do just that). Our New Years Eve plans were canceled yesterday when our party hosts' daughter woke up puking. So did Cassie, but she appears to be over it. She's still a bit crabby and out of sorts though, so I think it's best if we stay home. I did let Chase have a friend over today, Cass is napping and will generally stay out of the boys' way anyway.
Sherman had a friend over today as well! His BFF Lennox (the neighbor's boxer) turned up at our gate while Sherm was outside. If only we could rig a one-way dog door for him to get into the backyard...Chase let him in and they played a bit while I sent Chase to the neighbors' to let them know he was here (they live 2 houses down in the court). Sherman loved having him over. I really wish we had an electric fence so he could play w/his friends in the side/front yard. Totally not happening, but a girl can dream, right?
Speaking of dreaming, is it wrong that I want new carpet in the family room? I know this carpet was new when we moved in, but it's GROSS. I want a dirt colored frieze. I wonder if I can talk Jamie into that...
I'm off to read a magazine and enjoy the quiet (Cass is napping and Chase is playing w/his friend Peter)...
No comments:
Post a Comment