Thursday, December 4, 2008

Finally a free moment to sit down. What a crazy week! I'm not going to lie, life w/o a dog a much, much easier. If Woody had died and I'd gotten used to dog-free life, we'd be a dog-free family for a while. However, this morning I caught Cassie in the dining room kissing Sherman's picture. So while she hasn't verbalized that she misses him--she misses him. And I miss him. The house is cleaner (no nose prints on the door or paw prints on the floors) and life is easier, but I do miss our crazy furball nonetheless. Which is a good thing. B/c the week of training and boarding this week cost almost twice as much as my new suit. Merry Christmas to me...

I called his trainer to check in this afternoon and she said the electronic collar is working beautifully and he will now maintain his "climb" command (staying in his bed), even when distracted by his favorite dogs! If this transfers to home, life will be much easier for us all!

I've been doing quite a bit of Christmas shopping today. Wal Mart's site to store feature rocks. You can shop online, then pick up in store to avoid shipping charges (and spending more time than absolutely necessary in the hellhole that is Wal Mart). 12 people down, 9 to go. I need to consult w/Mary Ann this weekend about a gift for Jamie's grandmother and his great aunt (we drew his great aunt in family drawing--both are in their 90s and I have NO IDEA what to get them). The family is mostly done...it's mostly just the kids' stockings (knocked some of that out today at Target) and my friends that are left. I have a few ideas for my friends...I just need to figure out the details and logistics of what I want to do...

I brought Daddy home from the hospital today. He's getting around ridiculously well. Home health and PT will be coming for a few weeks and I'll be stopping by every day to check in (and bug him) as well. We've got Cub Scouts tonight--I think Cassie is coming along, which should be interesting. And by interesting, I mean hell on Earth... Jamie hasn't gotten a deer, and neither has Jim, which means they won't be coming home early. Apparently they haven't seen any deer large enough to shoot. I pointed out that next time they should try Iowa instead of Kansas b/c the bucks are bigger up north. But then I thought, "WTH am I saying next time for?" Because he will not live to see another fall like this one until we're empty-nesters. Of course, Sherman's boarding bill should be enough to put the kabosh on many more trips. ;) B/c if Daddy gets to go on vacation, so does Shermy!

I'm off to find games for my Tiger Cubs to play tonight...

No comments: