It's been a crazy couple of weeks. Mikki and I had a lovely birthday: we had lunch w/dad and her kids plus Chase and then we got pedis together. It was her first pedi since Brady was born, that made me feel a little pampered and high maintenence given my relatively frequent pedis. I'm over it though.
Brewer was born on Thursday morning at 7:51am weighing 7lbs 13oz and measuring 20in long. Given that each of my children has been exactly a pound larger than hers (Chase was 7lbs 5oz, Hayden was 6lbs 5oz then Brady was 7lbs 2oz and Cass was 8lbs 2oz--it's kind of creepy really) that absolutely rules out a third for us (yeah, just in case the infertility plus birth control pills didn't already do that, snort) because 8lb 13oz is too much baby for this body! Seriously though, he's a cutie but I know my sister is dying that her boys both had headfuls of hair and Hayden was a baldy forever... Jamie and I are sticking to dogs from now on though. I like how you can put them in a cage or the backyard when you can't/don't want to deal w/them. Can't really do that w/human kids.
Chase is visiting his grandparents is Cuba this weekend. The house is ridiculously quiet and calm without him. Jamie and I miss him quite a bit and he hasn't even been gone for 24 hours yet. Crazy. We get him back tomorrow. Amy is coming to Cuba with us. She's bringing Baxter, we're bringing Woody (and Sherm) and we're going to dump their ashes (I first mistyped asses there, which is really kind of sick and funny) together. Jim is DYING that we cremated the dog. But throwing him in a Hefty bag and driving to Cuba to bury him wasn't the most attractive option that day, KWIM?
Dad is coming over for dinner tonight, I'm off to prepare some veggies. The ribs are done already.
No comments:
Post a Comment