Saturday, August 9, 2008

Shermy is sick

So Shermy got to meet Dr. Saranita this morning. He's had a rash on his tummy for a while--it got really angry looking yesterday. Cari, his trainer, pointed it out at school yesterday and I said I had noticed it, but it seemed to be getting worse. She agreed. I gave him a benadryl last night and figured if it didn't help, we'd be at the vet this morning. It didn't help (although he slept very well), so we hit the vet this morning. The reason the benadryl didn't help was b/c it is impetigo. So he got a shot of penicillian, 14 days of oral antibiotics, and another appt. next week for his 16 wk shots and a check to ensure the antibiotics are working. Right now he's resting on the vent in the kitchen, it's like his naptimes coincide w/Cassie's. It's crazy.

He'll be fine, but I feel bad that I didn't take him in sooner.

He goes back for week three of training next week. Jamie is about to kill me (he's already more obedient than any other dog we've ever had), but I think it will be good for him.

The human kids are good, too. Chase is loving first grade and was thrilled when Cass and I came up for lunch yesterday. Cassie is teething and rather cranky these days. She's also going through a HUGE mama stage--she's a total mama's girl.

Aunt Amy is coming over to hang out today--if I'm good I'll get some pics, but don't hold your breath. We're going to hit the pool for a bit and go to Petco to use my 10%off discount (yes, I spend so much that they give me $ off to spend more). Shermy's up to 20lbs (from 15 two weeks ago), so clearly we're doing something right. My guess is that he's going to be in 70-80lbs range as a full-grown dog. Thank God he's a good puppy...

Cassie awakes...

No comments: