Nothing quite like discovering your kid is sick (well, feverish) WHILE you're volunteering at the school store. I'm going to chalk it up to teething, just like I've chalked up the last few weeks of explosive diarrhea to teething. Oh, and crabbiness. Because Cassie is Captain Crabby right now. I had her in the Mei Tai for a bit this morning and she didn't even try to get out. When she's content just being held--girl doesn't feel good. So she's been sacked out for a while...
Sherman is in canine heaven right now. Yesterday we went to the vet for his 4 mth shots and an impetigo check. Impetigo is better (although we're finishing the meds b/c I'm not contributing to superbugs). He gained 8lbs in 10 days and I weighed him three times b/c I couldn't process what my eyes were seeing on the scale. He's 16 1/2 weeks old and 28 pounds. I'm seriously starting to think we may own the biggest golden retriever in the history of the world. Seriously. At least he's obedient...
Nita brought the girls (Sophie and Bailey, her German and mixed breed, respectively) over for a playdate this morning. Sophie and Sherman are buddies and love to play together. Bailey just kept looking for Woody--Shermy was a bit much for her. He did good though--he even came when called in the backyard--OFF LEASH! He is TOTALLY wiped out now and snoozing next to me. Yesterday we (Cass, Sherm & I) went swimming w/Aga and her girls at Dr. B's pool. Dr. B has a corgi that loves to swim. Shermy didn't love the pool, but he loved the corgi and slept for about 4 hrs after our playdate!
I'm waiting for Cass to wake up. We've got a ton of errands to run between naps. I'm heading up to Fulton tomorrow for the afternoon/evening, going back Friday night (after Chase's baseball game), and then staying through Sunday. On Sunday Mikki and I are getting pedicures. I think this may be the first bday in six years that we've actually seen each other ON our birthday. So yay to that. She called this morning to tell me her c-section had been moved up and I had a mild freak out thinking she was in labor and going today. But nope. Still 8-28, just in the morning instead of noon.
I've got a ton of pics to download, will do it when I get around to it--probably early next week. Chase hit a BOMB at the game yesterday (he was three for three), I wish I'd gotten a pic of his face when he strutted over to us after he'd run the bases--he was so excited. To use his current favorite term it was pretty "sweet!"
No comments:
Post a Comment