Monday, July 28, 2008

Wow!

So call me naive. I haven't had a puppy since Max in 1992. When I was living at home. With my parents. So perhaps in the last 16 years, I'd sort of forgotten how much work a puppy is. Esp. when YOU'RE the parent dealing w/it. It's like having a baby! And Woody isn't a fan, he's currently on sedatives to deal. Seriously.

Sherman is a great puppy--it's just that housebreaking and training is a LOT of work. I'm constantly on guard wondering what he's up to. I just am. And until he's 100% housebroken, that's the way it is going to be. We're getting there. I know we're getting there. But it's a process...

He started puppy school today. So while I didn't have him all day, he's wearing a leash and training collar and I have to correct him any time he does anything wrong. Which means I've got to have a free hand for corrections when he's out of his kennel. And he always wants to be out b/c he's in a kennel most of the day at school. Aye yi yi.

So I'm tired. And crabby. And Jamie just doesn't understand what the problem is...

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr. This too shall pass, right?

No comments: