Saturday, July 19, 2008
Sliced and diced, AGAIN
I ended up in the ER this morning b/c my leg wasn't improving. The good news is that I didn't need IV antibiotics overnight AND I got vicodin! I'm going to need the vicodin though--they cut me open again and were finally able to drain the abcess (yuck) and remove the orignal cyst--the dr used a truckload of lidocaine and really went to work. So now I've got packing in my leg (yuck again) and am bossing the family around from my perch on the couch. I'm a little grouchy...but glad I'm on the way to recovery. Apparently the urgent care dr was "lazy" in not draining & culturing it in the first place. And if I hadn't gone to the ER today, I'd have wound up there sooner or later b/c I wasn't going to get better until things were "cleared out." So now I'm on the road to recovery and waiting for dad to come over for dinner. Jamie is cooking (and cleaning up). I'm staying on the couch...Chase is entertaining Cassie, I'm so grateful/lucky that he loves her as much as he does!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment