I'm back from Scottsdale. I had a fabulous time and Roomie Jen and I are already making plans for DC in July '10. In fact, we're trying to get joining rooms w/Roomie Christi (from Chicago/Convention '06). Arizona in July, during Monsoon season (otherwise known as thunderstorms to the rest of the country), was very interesting. I had to hit urgent care on my way home from the airport as all the sitting (keep in mind, I chase kids all day, I don't sit for long stretches) irritated a cyst, which promptly got infected. It's rather uncomfortable (and I'm not a wimp--I've had two maxed out pitocin-induced labors), so we're heading to Dad's for dinner. I just didn't have the energy to hit the store and we did fast food last night.
Funny story. When I hobbled up to Jamie's car yesterday at the airport, he looked at me and said, "How much weight have you lost?" And I said, "None, I weighed myself last night and it was normal." Well, hotel scale's normal and my scale's normal are about five pounds off. So props to Jamie for noticing that I was down five pounds when I didn't even notice myself...
He tried while I was gone, but the whole trip was rather good for my ego. All the little things mama does didn't get done. It's nice to be needed.
I'll post pics later.
No comments:
Post a Comment