Monday, July 21, 2008

Sherman



So this is Sherman (Shermy). He didn't like the kennel last night so we didn't have the easiest night, but I put him in Woody's wire kennel in the laundry room this morning and he was fine. So I guess he'll be sleeping in the laundry room instead of our room...he's afraid of going down stairs, which isn't a big deal now while he's smaller than Woody, but will be a very big deal in a few months...

I'm waiting for the trainer at Kennelwood to call me back about when he can go to training there. That's going to be my bday present this year--a professionally trained dog. I really don't want to screw him up, there is nothing worse than an ill behaved big dog!

Despite the lack of sleep, I think things are going as well as possible for life w/a 12 wk old puppy. He's very curious about Cassie. It's like he knows she is a baby like him, but he also knows he can't play w/her like he does other dogs--they're funny to watch. I am, of course, very careful during all their interactions.

He's sleeping on the tile next to me right now. I hope he doesn't have his days and nights mixed up like another baby I had not too long ago...

ETA--I think housebreaking is going well, too! He pees outside on the grass every single time he goes out--that's a good sign, right?

No comments: