Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Six Flags Fun

Aunt Amy and I took Chase to Six Flags today. Cassie stayed home w/Grandpa as there isn't a whole lot for a one year old to do there--we'll take her next year when she can ride the kiddie rides.

We had the BEST day! Chase was so well behaved that it astounded me. There would be some whiney brat in line near us and I would just turn to him and tell him how proud of him I was b/c he was such a big boy today. I mean, I know he's a good kid and all, but today was a REALLY good Mom day. He was awesome--we had such a blast!

We all rode the Log Flume (our fav) and got a new pic for the fridge. We also rode the Antique Cars & Scooby Doo & the Mine Train together. Chase and Amy rode Tony Hawk's Spin Ride and the Rush Street Flyer together, and he and I did the swings, Tidal Wave, bumper cars and the Screamin' Eagle together. It worked out pretty well that she likes the rides I don't and I'll ride the (wimpy) rides she doesn't love. We agreed that Jamie is going to have to start coming along when Chase can ride the hard-core roller coasters though...the Screamin' Eagle was just too much for me.

Eventually we'll try the water park...but the rides were enough for today. Chase is already plotting his next trip...he's trying to get me to take him the day after I get back from Arizona, which happens to be the day before school starts. I don't see that happening, but he can dream.

Woody has taken a turn for the worse. We made it to the ped, it's her teeth, not her ears. We haven't made it to the vet though, mostly b/c I'm afraid I'm going to hear something I'm not really ready to hear yet. And I know he's old and that he's had a good life and that he's a dog, but he's MY dog and he's been a part of the family almost as long as we've been married. He curled up with Baxter on the foot of my bed during my bedrest w/the tubal, he was my "kid" before Chase...I know the time is rapidly coming but I just can't go there yet. He's been such a good dog--if I've learned anything from the other dogs, it is that we're never going to find one as good as Woody. But in my heart, I know the time is coming when we're going to have to let him go. B/c as my dad pointed out today, his quality of life is starting to go... He gets his monthly shot next week on Wednesday--I'm trying to wait until then and will have a very honest convo w/the vet when it is shot time. We'll see, but my gut feeling isn't good. Hopefully the firewords this weekend don't push him over the edge...

No comments: