I'm currently reading "Liberal Fascism" by Jonah Goldberg. I'm about a quarter of the way through it and I have to say, it's the history lesson I didn't learn in college or through any of my American government classes. I highly recommend reading it, although I have to tell you, it makes the idea of "President Obama" even more repulsive.
Bottom line--Barack Obama is a progressive. He is a socialist. Barack Obama is a fascist. Goldberg disagrees, but I think Goldberg is wrong. And here's why: Barack Obama believes in income redistribution. This means he wants to take money away from some taxpayers to give it to others as he (and the ridiculously liberal Congress) see fit. Previously, this was called welfare. Obama calls it a tax break, which is absolutely brilliant marketing. But it is no tax break, my friends. It's welfare. And he wants to take YOUR money to create it. Obama wants the federal government (the state) involved in every aspect of our lives: gun control, nationalized health care, welfare, state-funded abortions...the list goes on and on and on. The fascism (vs. socialism) comes into play b/c of Obama's nationalist tendencies. What distinguished fascism from ordinary socialism or Marxism is the nationalist aspect of fascism. I believe Obama's black pride (as evidenced by his long association w/Jeremiah Wright) is what makes him a fascist, as opposed to your garden variety socialist or Marxist.
While fascism has been the term the left has used for years to describe people they disagree with on the right, in reality, fascism is a leftist political leaning. It took on a negative connotation because of the violence and militarism associated with it through Nazi Germany, but in reality, fascism and it's insertation of the state into every aspect of life is the epitome of the left, not the right (and our calls for laissez faire economics and a small federal government).
The great Ronald Reagan once said that the scariest words in the English language are, "I'm from the federal government and I'm here to help." Barack Obama wants the federal government to help us all, whether we want their help or not. Barack Obama wants Congress to determine what kind of gun you hunt with. Barack Obama wants your tax dollars to fund abortions (including partial birth abortions). Barack Obama wants the federal government to "fix" our health care system (as if they've done anything but a deplorable job with veterans' health care). Barack Obama thinks the state can run your life better than you.
Given the current state of the economy, and the fact that Obama's looney leftest libs on the Hill Barney Frank and Chris Dodd are responsible in large part for this mess, do you really think that MORE government intervention is the answer?
No comments:
Post a Comment