Saturday, October 4, 2008

Happy Post

So, despite Cassie waking up 6:30am this morning (YIKES), we had a great day! Chase spent the night w/Grandpa Bill last night and when he got home from breakfast w/Aunt Mikki and fam, I put Cassie down for a nap. Jamie and Chase took Sherman for a run (Chase rode his bike). Then the boys fixed the grill (b/c Chase discovered that the ignitor that wasn't working had a dead battery--who knew?) and Sherman and I did some obedience work. The boys left for baseball & I fed Cass lunch. Then we headed to the game. Chase had quite a cheering section: Jamie, Cassie, Sherman, & me, plus Grandpa Bill, Grandpa Jim, Grandma Mary Ann, Aunt Mikki, Uncle Bud, Hayden, Brady & Brewer. He was five for five at his last five at bats--it was his final game (well, double header) of the season. I think they won both games--it's kind of hard to keep track when you're juggling multiple conversations, a puppy, and a toddler though. Hayden LOVED Sherman and would like Aunt Christi to buy her a puppy just like him for her bday. I offered her Sherman but her Mommy wasn't too cool with that. ;)

When we got home, Cass took another nap (two naps--woo hoo) and I took Sherman roller blading while Chase biked. Sherman is blessedly EXHAUSTED and sleeping on the floor. The kids are sleeping and Jamie and I are watching the Tigers stomp the Huskers. Woo hoo! I think he finally understands why I live to exhaust the dog now...

51 to 10. I think they can take Chase Daniels out of the game now... Go TIGERS!

No comments: