Wednesday, December 12, 2007

So it isn't Cushings. It's simple incontinence, which appears to have been solved w/a testosterone shot on Monday (yes, I trudged through the crappy weather w/both kids in tow to the vet for a shot). If you read my sister's blog, you've undoubtably read her ever-so-empathetic thoughts on Woody's illness. If he could speak or pray, I'm guessing he's thanking God right about now that I'm his dog mom and she's not. In my defense, I called her at 8:30pm on a Friday night, when we returned from a funeral visitation. I hadn't realized she was following her work schedule and getting up at 1am on weekends now. And being upset, I thought that was what family was for. Lesson learned and duly noted.

The sick streak continues though--Cassie and I spent several hours at urgent care on Sunday as she has her first ear infection and quite possibly a sinus infection. Jamie and I are force feeding her amoxicillin twice a day. Wow--that's fun! Kids these days are so spoiled. When I was kid, amoxicillin was the good medicine! Yet both of my kids hate it in all its bubble gum flavored goodness. Jamie and I don't get it. Cassie seems to be a bit allergic to it (her eczema flared after her first dose), but as long as I can manage it w/half a tube of Cortaid post-bath, the ped isn't too worried. Jamie is convinced she isn't getting anything (b/c I usually end up wearing most of it), but clearly she's getting enough to irritate the eczema.

Our Parent Educator was out today and is a bit worried about how quiet Miss Cassie is. I'm to have her hearing checked at her six month ped visit. It was checked (and she passed) at birth, but the PE is concerned about her lack of babbling. Given Chase's speech delay--she's being extra cautious w/Cassie. I'm fine with that--I'd much rather be safe than sorry. Plus, Chase seems to be making up for lost time w/the whole speech thing. How I give birth to quiet babies, I'll never know, but Chase is certainly NOT a quiet child. Not by a long shot. I'm thinking Cass just can't get a word in edgewise...but will have her checked out anyway. Early intervention is a wonderful thing.

I spent all of Cassie's nap this afternoon working on Christmas cards. Tomorrow we must get to the post office for stamps and to the mall for a Christmas gift for Chase's teacher. Not to mention that I'm only halfway through my Christmas shopping and Christmas is in 13 days. YIKES! Chase's best friend's mother came to the rescue today w/six gallons of faux snow for the party on Friday. Now I don't need to drive all over looking for it and her son gets to play w/it w/o royally messing up her house. It's win/win for both of us.

Cassie is awake and rather unhappy. I'm off to my mommy-duties.

No comments: