Thursday, December 20, 2007

Sickness

So Chase has been sick. Since Monday. Cassie is a bit stuffy, but Chase is wicked sick. Going to bed at 7pm after a strenuous day of lying on the couch in front of Noggin sick. His current fever is 104.6. I don't care how many years of experience my ped's partner has, his diagnosis of a cold on Tuesday was wrong. And now I wish I'd volunteered my suspected diagnosis of influenza b/c I've got a completely uninnoculated five month old and it's too late for antivirals. Stupid FluMist vax. I got a shot and I'm fine. Little bit gets the nasal spray and he is NOT fine. He's so getting the shot next year. Tuesday would not have been too late for Tamiflu. Today is. I've got a call into the ped but I know it is viral, and I know there isn't anything they can do. But I'm not happy that I didn't push harder when the partner said, "It's a cold." No cold has ever given Chase a fever in the 103-104 range. Grrrrrrr.

I was at the dentist today for yet another sinus infection. I really, really don't have time for this. Dad has blessedly watched my sick kid the last two days and after the dentist proclaimed that my teeth look "really good" (which is HI-larious considering that Jamie went yesterday--4 mths after his last check up and was told that his teeth looked like hell and that he should get an electric toothbrush, I go today 8 mths after my last checkup and my teeth look good--ha ha ha), I called my GP who is calling out another prescription. Last time it got this bad, I wound up on 28 days of antibiotics and prednisone, after consulting a specialist. I'm hoping we don't have to go there again. Or the other Dr. B may order the CAT scan he threatened last time. I just don't have time for this....

I'm off to go heat up some Campbell's CARS soup for my sickie. Cass is napping, Chase is vegged out on the couch and I'm feeling quite sorry for him spending Christmas break sick as a dog. :(

1 comment:

michelle said...

In light of Woody's recent health scare, the sick "as a dog" remark is not appreciated.