Chase had an almost seven hour playdate today. His best friend is the sweetest kid. I really enjoyed having him over. We baked and decorated gingerbread men, made Christmas ornaments, the boys played in the playroom and outside in the mud--it was really a very lovely day! Even Cassie adores Dylan. It made me miss our old neighbors b/c Chase used to play like that w/the kids. Our new neighbor is very ill and I worry about them both. Mrs. B mentioned that her husband was on medical leave (hence why they're living in the house full time now) for three months when she stopped by after Cass was born. Cass was six months old on Christmas Day and on the 23rd there was a Barnes Home Delivery truck outside their house. That can't be good. I think I'll take a casserole over when Chase goes back to school next week. At the very least, Mrs. B won't have to worry about dinner for a night or two.
Chase's friend kept calling me Mrs. Tennyson today. Which is incredibly polite of him, but I kept asking him to call me Christi. Mrs. Tennyson is my mother in law. Plus, Mom was always Sandy to my friends, even when we were little. And I really hope that our house is the house that kids always like to play/hang out at, like my house was the house we always played/hung out at when I was a kid...
No comments:
Post a Comment