So I'm not crazy--it IS my thyroid! Wahoo! I never thought I'd be happy about hypothyroidism, but the weight gain and crabbiness and fatigue, oh my! No more self medicating for me (and all around the area, my drs cheer). I have put myself on a Kashi and salad diet though until the weight comes off. Nothing like losing your pregnancy weight and then gaining a third of it back. UGH.
Jenny very nicely made dinner for us tonight b/c she feels sorry for me b/c my workaholic husband is indulging his huntaholic side. IOW, it's that time of the year in which I learn how much it sucks to be a single mom. One that stays home w/the kids, but spouseless nonetheless. To my knowledge, the trip was fruitless and has not resulted in any new antlers or deer sausage for Jamie. But I haven't gotten a text from him in a few hours, so I could be wrong.
Today was my day to volunteer in Chase's classroom, but I got a call from the teacher as we were heading out the door requesting that I not come in today. They worked on their parent surprises for the holidays this morning and she didn't want any parents in the classroom. So I spent the entire morning (all of Cassie's ridiculously long 3 1/2 hour nap) cleaning the house. It took 2 hours to do my bathroom alone. I think the spring house project this year (besides the landscaping we swear we'll do every year) will be replacing our hideous vinyl in the bathrooms with ceramic tile. I loooooooove the ceramic tile in the basement, especially since I realized all the vents were closed, opened them, and now we actually have heat in the basement! Love it. And given that I have to attack those stupid vinyl floors w/a scrub brush and soft scrub to get them even remotely clean--ugh. After 4 years, Jamie is tired of the whining and I think he figures new floors are a better investment than the cleaning lady I keep threatening to get. ;) But I'm not thinking about it until after the holidays!
I'm off to let the fat boy out, put on his diaper and go to bed.
Oh, the kids are great. Cassie napped for over six hours today (I love my life) and Chase was impossibly cute watching Rudolph tonight. I love Christmas at his age--he is so precious about the whole Santa thing. It's too cute for words.
The diaper keeps the dog from peeing in the house. He hates it, but not as much as I hate cleaning his pee from my carpet. And I'm the human. So I win.
No comments:
Post a Comment