Cassie's party is tomorrow and we're still praying for beautiful weather--hopefully the rain comes overnight and is gone by morning! The bday girl has a wicked cold and I suspect the beginning of an ear infection...we'll see how tonight goes. A trip to the ped may be in order in the morning.
We had a late playdate at the pool today. It was a playdate for all of us, b/c Chase got to play w/Lucas (he's five). Cassie got to play w/Courtney (she's three). And I got to talk to Angie (their mom). It was margarita night at the pool. I wasn't going to go b/c Cass isn't feeling well and I wanted her to go to bed early (plus, I don't like margaritas b/c I hate tequila), but when Angie called from the pool and told me that some of our neighbors (from the Stepford contingent) were decked out in sundresses for free margaritas at the pool (or as she put it, "Geez, that's what I'd wear if I were paying for drinks somewhere...")--I couldn't miss the opportunity to snark with her. So I popped on my swimsuit (no sundresses for me, I've got a toddler to chase) and headed up to make fun with her. Good times.
My house is quiet. I guess that means it is safe to hit the Girl Scout cookie stash in the deep freeze before heading to bed...
1 comment:
hope the weather is lovely for the birthday girl's party. and can't wait to see pics!
Post a Comment